Saturday, September 15, 2012

Readiness - Am I Ready? #BlogElul 26

The URJ Biennial is an event every two years that brings together members of Reform Judaism from all over the world. I LOVE attending these events for two reasons. One is the people - having grown up in the Reform Movement, these gatherings are a "this is your life" event where I can connect with friends, colleagues, and teachers from childhood to today.



The second reason is the music - I love singing with hundreds of others. I love hearing songs that I grew up singing at camp. And I love hearing the new music from up-and-coming artists. This year, one of those artists was Noah Aronson. I was moved by his song "Am I Awake" that leads in to the Barechu. I believe the lyrics to "Am I Awake" speak to the readiness which we need to bring to the High Holy Days:
Am I awake? Am I prepared?
Are you listening? To my prayer?
Can you hear my voice? Can you understand?
Am I awake? Am I prepared
You can purchase "Am I Awake" on iTunes!

No comments:

Post a Comment