Sunday, September 16, 2012

#BlogElul 28 Responsibility to me...

The collective feeling is that this past week was like one REALLY long day! It was all about finishing things, or preparing things, or taking care of everything that needed to be done before Rosh Hashanah.

It's really important to me that I take responsibility for anything I have told others I would do. Which is why on Thursday, two "work days" before Rosh Hashanah, I spent the day organizing the Judaica museum...which I had assured our executive director I would do by the holidays.


It was SO important to me to get this done that I put everything else on the back burner for the day.

Interestingly, I don't feel the same obligation to myself. I make promises. I make plans. And I let myself down. In the year ahead I hope to take greater responsibility to turn my intentions in to actions and make sure my actions represent my intentions!

No comments:

Post a Comment